Bed bugs are pest very good at hiding so well, that is why they are one of the challenging pests to get rid of. Bed bugs are small insects, oval, brownish that live on the blood of human or animals. The female bugs may lay eggs, which are about the size of a speck of dust in her lifetime. The adult bed bugs have the size of an apple seed and a flat body. After feeding on their host, their body gets swell and reddish.
Some people think bed bugs fly, but they do not fly; however, they can move very fast over walls, floors, and ceilings. These bugs enter your home through used beds, luggage, clothing, and other items.
Bed bug usually hide were they have access to people so they can bite at night, their significant hiding places are in mattresses, bed frames, box spring and sometimes headboards. These pests can make sleeping very uncomfortable for you. So, here are tips to help you get rid of bed bugs in your home.
Four Tips To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
- Regularly wash and heat- clean curtains, clothing, lines, and bedding in hot water and dry them on the highest dryer setting. This reduces the number of bed bugs and their eggs hidden in laundry baskets. Remember to clean them when you do the laundry. To be on a safer side, dry clean all your clothes. Wrap items that cannot be washed in a transparent plastic bag and place the bag outside where the temperature can reach 120F.
- Thorough vacuum– vacuuming can get rid of some of the bed bugs. Use a stiff brush to scrub mattress seems to remove bed bugs before vacuuming. Carefully vacuum floor, rugs, furniture, bed frames, under the bed, all cracks and crevices around the room. After cleaning, immediately remove the vacuum cleaner bag into a plastic bag and place in the garbage can outside or better still, burn it.
- Clear out cluttered areas– reduce the number of hiding places, with less clutter bed bugs have fewer places to hide and reproduce. Bed bugs are really attracted to pile of clothes in your home; cluttered home provides more places for bed bugs to hide and makes treating them harder for you.
- Get a professional Pest Control Operator– this method is suitable for people who are busy a lot and do not have the time to get rid of bedbugs from their property. Contact the best pest control agent near you. Hiring an experienced, responsible pest control professional can increase your chance of success in getting rid of bed bugs. Be sure to call a reputable pest control company.
- Encase mattress and box spring with a tightly woven, zippered cover to keep bed bugs from entering or escaping, because bed bugs can go without eating for one year. So keep the lid for at least one year.
In conclusion, bedbugs are annoying bloodsuckers that are ready to sneak up to you and your loved ones while you sleep. They are tricky to get rid of; just one wrong move may spread them to other parts of the house. If you are not sure of what you are doing, it is essential to call the professionals for help.